Pages

Monday, April 03, 2006

New month, new home, new diary…

So, here I am, with new blog skin for my diary. It looks kind of majestic especially the writings in gold. It reminds me of the parchment that messengers used to bring and read before kings. How truly Majestic! Yes, I am in love with my new blog template. I remember how I searched endlessly for blog templates. God bless google! Finally I landed up at pink design. Still got lots of work to do. I have to put this beautiful sketch by Sam with proper credits to his site: exploding dog. Some of my blogs don’t show especially the ones in archives; have to work out that too.

We are moving to our new house next week. Besides my articles, paraphernalia, goods and chattels, I’ll be taking new home a nostalgic feeling, reminiscences of childhood, wonderful memories and above all: a feeling of an extreme, unseen, unknown loss, with me. How painful it is to have your roots grubbed up and planted to a different place.

Oh! How much I’ll miss all those things that belong here. How much I’ll miss shopping at this place. I’ll miss united king, metropolitan bank, my favorite cd and gifts shops, my tailor, my beauty parlour - all that happen to be at walking distance from my home. How much I’ll miss going out anytime for shopping. Life seems so easy when all you have to do is to just go and buy things when you want. How much I’ll miss shopping late on chand raat, till midnight with my sisters and friends – sitting under tents on a clear new moon night, waiting for hours and hours until past midnight for our turns for mehndi.

I have just realized that all I am lamenting is about missing shopping, but this is what bahadurabad is known for… a paradise for shopping in Karachi! Besides, I am so used to this independency of going out alone and getting anything I need. And yes! Its' a cri de coeur from a shoppaholic me.

1 comment:

Sebastian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.