Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Karachi had first spell of winter rain today. A light December drizzle lifted our spirits. The weather is cheery or is it me? Got three days off so will be making the most of them. I feel light as leaf and my soul is floating freely. Soon I'll be leaving a world behind and stepping into another as the New Year begins. I was almost into tears when kids asked me to stay.

Winter brings a lot to reminisce…. carrying thousand emotions in cold breeze.
Sitting on bed, wrapped in warm clothes and covered with a blanket, with a classic in a hand and mug of coffee in other.... a perfect modus operandi to while away lonely winter nights.

New Year is around the corner and for some reasons, I feel like singing this Bryan Adam's song:

It's a new world - it's a new start
It's alive with the beating of - young hearts
It's a new day - it's a new plan
I've been waiting for you
Here I am


And now, ladies and gentlemen!!! Here is the link to my first ever public interview:

Here I am :D

I am on cloud number 9 ;)

8 comments:

KP said...

good post..:) good and impressive interview and this is the first time looking at it from common pakistani person perspective.....:)

P.S. I am just outsider looking in from different angle....:)

Anonymous said...

xunzie, so u back to home :)...any change you see after years (if i m not wrong)

Unknown said...

Quite impressive interview you had! congrates! ... u are an intellectual and quite intelligent as well...

here's what I've written about the first winter rain ...

It was long overdue,
As the dry spell prevailed,
Over the atmosphere causing us,
Dryness, Cold and Flu.

The cold mesmerising winds preceded it,
As the dark clusters covered the sky plain,
It was a moment of joyful merry,
To meet the drops of the first winter rain.

The beauty that resides around us,
By divine drops has been unvieled,
For the joyeous glimpses of the nature,
Till then by the dust had been concealed.

Aadil Omer
saadil.wordpress.com

xunz said...

@ kp and saadill: Welcome to my blog, dudes and thanks for the compliments :).
Nice poem saadill... keep writing

@ ashu: are u talking abt the change in me?

kyamaloom said...

Congrats. good post and a very nice blog. Would love to come back for more :)

Happy writing :D

NaVeed said...

"Winter brings a lot to reminisce…. carrying thousand emotions in cold breeze.
Sitting on bed, wrapped in warm clothes and covered with a blanket, with a classic in a hand and mug of coffee in other.... a perfect modus operandi to while away lonely winter nights."

i love these lines...nice one...i felt some artistic emotions in them ;)

WritingsForLife said...

aww... you are famous now!
Congrats!

xunz said...

@ r0hit: thanks dude, welcome to my blog :)

@ Naveed: only artists can feel that :)

@ Raaji: thanks honey, luv