Pages

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Invigilation

It's totally inhumane to make kids sit transfixed at their seats for an hour and half. But I don't think I had choice. They were done with the paper in about an hour and after that, they were dying to communicate with their peers. At least, their teacher should have considered the time duration. An hour and half was enough.

I had told them to sleep or think about some good stuff they would be doing after exams but children, unlike us, prefer physical activities over mental. After a while they would raise their heads and look around for a chance to talk to classmates. They didn't realize the gravity of situation until I had written minus five on one's paper.

Their restless nature made me reminisce about the carefree and restless soul I once had. Time brings about a big change in us. Life becomes full of care and it becomes hard for us to retain our childlike qualities. Growing up is bad. We should prevent our children from growing up.

8 comments:

NaVeed said...

i share similar thoughts

Anonymous said...

keeping my hand down was the most irritating thing in my childhood, lols :P either our teachers said to put our finger on our lips or simply to put our heads down n yeah same 2 mins past by n the scene used to be back to square one

;)

Best of Luck for the rest of the pprs :P

Anonymous said...

Hey the last para was cracking!!!!

Unknown said...

Poor Kids to have such cruel examiners. Nobody gives Minus 5 for talking in the class :)

xunz said...

@ naveed: yeah naveed i've discovered that ;)

@ nikki: thanks honey, i got really tired after that

@ ashu: thanks ashu, luv

@ kashaziz: well, kash they weren't just talking they were telling answers as well :p

Guru said...

I mean -5 awww that was really .... anyways i have taught at UET Peshawar but my students were lucky for they all got great grades at my expense and that was the last time i taught there! :P

xunz said...

LOL! Well, junaid did u learn anything? ;)

I had my invgilation in senior class also but the girls didn't cause much trouble 'cuzz they know me well =p, and dreaded consequences but kids, they are willing to take risks.

As it seems tht everybody is sad abt giving -5, here is the good news... their teacher won't deduct 5 marks... we invigilators do tht to scare kids... u don't know, these days grade one students know how to bluff teachers =p

Welcome to my blog, junaid :)

Guru said...

THanks! I do visit your blog as i found it interesting and your blogs as different!
Anyways! take care
Bye