Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

Yesterday was parent–teacher conference at school. It was same as the previous four ones except that this meeting was scheduled quite early. I had nothing to discuss with parents as there had been no tests at school to assess kids' performance. For parents of new girls, it was an introductory meeting. The meeting went smoothly except of for one girl's father who talked in a very ill-mannered way for punishing his daughter. That man was a loser! He didn't even let me speak and was talking bullshit. He went like I am paying huge amount of money for my daughter and blah blah. SO??? I mean, seriously it has nothing to do with me! And he didn't stop at that. He started assaulting verbally ma'am R, in presence of her nieces =p, just because I took her daughter to madam's office and she punished her. I had no option but to defend ma'am R. God forgive me for saying that ma'am R is actually a very polite and sweet lady! =D After I had enuff of his crap, I lost my patience (though not cool) and reminded him politely that his beloved daughter is actually repeating the class since she flunked badly in her majors. My readers, you should have seen his face! Now what would you expect from an illiterate moron? A pathetic excuse! O' yes! According to him it was due to the teachers that his child flunked. LMAO!

When he left, I was totally ticked off. I was in no mood to talk to anyone but parents kept coming to me till 2 pm though meeting was supposed to be over at 1 pm. Most parents, who wanted to see me, were of grade 4 girls, partly because I am their new computer instructor and partly because of my strict attitude. I told them that my teaching style is a little bit different as it emphasizes more on concepts than written notes. Honestly, this new batch of grade 4 consists of spoil brats! Their previous computer teacher was quite professional and she didn't bother to work on child's understanding of computer. Besides, she wasn't a bit interested in maintaining class discipline. The kids roam, talk and drink water even when the teacher is present. I am having difficult time with these girls. I lose my temper quickly when I am teaching them. Besides, I explained to parents that why they should let their girls use internet at home. Their apprehensions were typical ones but after my reasoning many of them agreed. I was happy for the meeting turned out to be productive in the end. Samahir's mom loved me for solving her child's communication problem. I told her to buy a journal for her so that she can write down her feelings.

When meeting was over, meher and I discussed that discourteous father as he censured meher also for marking late work in his child's copy. My throat was dry and my voice was hoarse. I had talked constantly for four hours. Before leaving school we had a talk with management and I happily told ma'am R, the wonderful things the father said about her. =p

No comments: