Pages

Friday, April 06, 2007

Project Exhibition

How did the day begin? I don't know. I was up all night and couldn't even recall when the day actually began. All I know that my mind was captivated by things-to-do-today list. I had to listen to students' presentation, had to tell them how to present their models, had to prepare them for explaining their project work on display board and whatnot. Above all, I had to tell them how to behave in front of judges. Though I had been telling those tips and trivial facts about project presentation since the day we started working but they are kids and are prone to forget quickly.

First muskan did my make-up, because with sleep-burned eyes carrying dark circles, I looked horrible. During make-up I was told that Mr. Omer Manya, Master Licensee of The Fourth R, Pakistan had arrived. I also came to know that S was throwing tantrums at everyone. Reasons weren't discovered then but later, when my students told me that they showed their display board to her in the morning, I figured why. I totally ignored her sarcastic remarks afterwards.

It was time to gather my students. Class 5C's presentation was at number five, 5B's at number seven and 5A's at number nine. Sab and I started with class 5C. Sab prepared midhat and roomana for display board presentation while I prepared saba and farwa for multimedia presentation. After getting done, I went outside to take a look at other projects. It seemed that my display boards had created quite hype. All the senior girls were gaping at them. I showed them to other teachers as well. Muskan, sab and N, all liked and appreciated them. In the meantime, other judges had also arrived.

The presentation started immediately. I was called by muskan to send my students as Mr. Manya intended to leave early. Class 5C was up next. Students were waiting outside while I was in library listening to previous group's presentation. The students were fumbling, their confidence shaking and that scene made my heart skipped beats. I rushed outside and told my students to be confident and relax and so did muskan.

And then my students entered with their stuffs and when they unfolded their display board in front of judges, readers I don't have words to describe how they reacted. Sound of applauses and praises echoed in the library. Everyone with cameras started taking pictures and that display board became a celeb. It boosted my students' morale and they delivered their presentation quite brilliantly. One should hear them talk, they sounded so cute.

When the presentation got over, Mr. Manya stood up to leave. He appreciated me but I requested him to stay, telling that I really want him to watch my other students' work as well since they have put in a lot of effort. He complied and I am really grateful to him.

It was a break time and class 5A's presentation was up next. The numbers were re-shuffled since S's projects failed to make impact on judges. The students did good job though they weren't confident much as all this re-shuffling had confused them but they were good. In the meantime, sab started preparing class 5B students for presentation and all. And when their turn arrived, they delivered their presentation smoothly.

When all my students got done, I took them to cafeteria for treat. I was so involved with my students that I didn't even watch other group's presentations. I heard that they weren't much good with few exceptions. My three projects had knocked out other eight.

When it was all over, Mr. A, called us in his office and appreciated us with special compliments for my work. Later, we calculated points and as expected, Class 5C's project ranked first. The judges had called it superb, excellent and whatnot in their remarks.

No comments: