Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2008

An unprecedented break

My readers have surely missed me and so have I. First it was my pc that went out of order and then it was me. Though still struggling with my illness, I am finally able to sit in front of pc and write about this ordeal.

Spending a week in a hospital was nothing less than a worst nightmare. What appeared to be a simple case of acute bronchitis, turned out to be an infection in my lung. My fragile body was attacked by some hideous virus and other microorganisms which luckily, were uncovered before they were able to fully surface. But the damage had been done because it’s almost been a month now since I was discharged from the hospital but recovery, contrary to my expectations, is quite slow. At one point it seemed that I won’t be able to pull thru. What I went thru at hospital was quite painful and depressing. As I see my scarred arms I recall the times when nurses searched for veins and sometimes arteries, to drain blood from my body. Ironically, I never felt that bad about self-mutilating. Anyways, that was the time when hopelessness and depression had completely engulfed me. My soul suffered more than my body as it always had. Although people there tried to show me the light but I was too blinded, by tears of suffering, that I couldn’t see it. All around me was misery and agony and I realized that humanity, at large, was suffering. Their hardships and distress increased the intensity of my pain. Even I felt death and I thought may be God wants me.

May be I deserved that. What else do you expect when you have been in a state of deep depression for five months – living on junk food; extreme addiction to caffeine; insomnia? Though not on surface, but my entire body system has become atrophied from long neglect. May be it will take couple of months to get back to normal life but I am happy that I m getting better day by day.

As life goes on, hope lives on.

Love you all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww dear tht was so bad to hear all this :( i knew that this was fishy coz i felt that u cldnt possibly be away from blogging for such a long time, dear its a truth that u cant feel the pain of others until and unless u suffer it from urself... :(
All my pratyers r wid u Xuny...please take care
Allah blesses u and gives Shifa to all ur illness be it physical or spiritual Ameeen sum Ameen...

xunz said...

Thanks nikki... i need that :)

Venkat S Murthy said...

Oooo,
That's sad..,
Any wayz get well soon!
Hope u'd recover soon.

Guru said...

Oh hi again! i saw your comments today at my blog and i was happy to know that you are back but am now feeling sad to hear that you were so sick and u didnt give us a chance to pray for u.
I hope u will get well soon and recover fully.
Xunz you did touch upon few interesting things! I think we must dedicate 2.5% of our time for others and work towards their betterment. Life seems much different if you get involved with the community service thing. I got few experiences to see the misery that is so much prevalent on our society and trust me it is a very bad thing to see!
Anyways, do take rest and wish you health and happiness!
Regards
M Junaid Khan
http://thelandofpure.blogspot.com/

xunz said...

thanks Murthy

Junaid, i didn't have a chance to contact anybody...it was so unexpected... had a flu but neva thot that i would be carrying infectious virus inside =p, as for patients, i do agree we should do sumthin' abt them, there is an organization called PWO, consists of some docs from dow who are working for this noble cause, am happy that there is some light but still, much is needed to be done.

NaVeed said...

ooh thats was quite intense :S
anyway thats life and its not abed of roses all the time i m really sad to know all this may you get healthy very soon insahllah
take care

Unknown said...

hey...
We think about philosophy only when we are having a difficult situation in life... Physical pain, like this, would definetely tells us the purpose of being surviving... Praying for ur recovery....

_______Satya...
www.ragasofgitam.co.nr