Pages

Thursday, January 03, 2008

I know it's a bit late to make a post about New Year, somehow, I didn't feel like celebrating… with so much suffering around us, it didn't seem to be worth it. I swear to God, this year we have just about had enough.

No resolutions for this year as well 'cuzz I hardly keep any.

My recent indulgences:

 Staying up whole night till 5 am and sometimes 6
 Watching every movie they show on hbo and showmovies
 Consuming coffee
 Downloading the books I want to read from internet, then realizing that reading from computer is painful so better go and buy them.

Well, I do resolve to change my dissolute course of life. Staying home has transformed me into an indolent being. By the way, watching striking poses of Ms. Bhutto on all channels for a week, made me gather that she was indeed pretty. :)

I just hope that we all have it in our hearts to help those in need, whether it is your maid who is too sick to come for work, a child who is searching for food in rubbish, the homeless man who is living on the corner of your street, or even just being a good role model to those who look up to you. If we all do our part to be good people, the world will definitely be a better place.

Happy New Year.

Love.

3 comments:

KP said...

hey happy new year....its very noble thought...not many ppl think about helping others.....:)

Keep that attitude...it will certainly take u far in ur life.....:)

I always beleive in this.....
"When you do good things
Good things will happen to you..;)

Anonymous said...

happy new yr xunzie

Guru said...

Hay! Thanks for ur comment about my blog!
Since am on my annual vacations (though the annual is two years in my case) so i will be a bit out of touch with things!
The real purpose which motivated me to write this comment on ur new year blog is that that no one is late in wishing ever! New Year is nothing more then a just numeric change of numbers but on the other hand, it might change alot as well if we attach too much things with these numbers. So i believe that its not the numbers that matter but it is what we attach with these numbers that really matter.
Lastly, your feelings about the poor people made me feel great. In our society there are still noble people. Today i went to some dinner and i was amazed that one sitting minister of our interm government took an orphan child and adopted him. The way their whole family loved that cute child made me feel that we still have good people among us and probably thats one very good reason that our country is still surviving.
Am really happy to see that you have your feelings for others because its a trait of God! God cares for His creatures so the person caring for others is trying to mimick that very trait to a very minute level but still he is trying and for that we will surely be rewarded!
Keep writing such nice things and it do give us all alot of pleasure knowing how others think and feel!
Regards,
M Junaid Khan