Pages

Friday, December 28, 2007

The year 2007 has been very unfortunate for Pakistan. What a tragic way to enter 2008! People were shocked first and then when it gradually sank in, they started mourning.
Families are glued to their seats in front of TV sets trying to make sense of all the mess. Everybody, even, who is not remotely interested in politics, is deploring the loss of Ms. Benazir Bhutto.

New Year parties are cancelled, brides are still in parlor – there is no way they can come out, weddings are ruined, panic-stricken families are desperately trying to connect to their members and thanks to the establishment for jamming the mobile signals! Along with the whole country, most of the areas of Karachi are in complete darkness as most of the street lights have been broken by the agitated mob.

A highly educated and intellectual person – an internationally acclaimed lady, first lady prime minister of Muslim world – pride of our country and what a calamitous unnatural death she met! No wonder, she was admired all over the country. South Asian leaders are known for getting brutally murdered and sadly, Bhutto family proved to be more unfortunate than Gandhi family. The reason I am mourning her death is that our country is getting devoid of educated and artistic people.

Poor jiya! Her wedding is ruined! At around 7 pm, I was heading towards her place when on the way, near main road I met a hysterical woman who signaled me to pull over and asked where I was going in such a horrible situation. I told her that my friend is getting married; I am going to her house because at this time she must be on her way to home from parlor. It was then she told me that Ms. Benazir has been assassinated and the situation is really critical and urged me to go back home. And I was like NO!!! Then her other family members appeared and explained. I returned home straightaway and on the way I tried calling jiya and saadi but the signals were jammed. My dad had to attend his nephew's valima but of course, it's been postponed.

The msn and facebook nicks make me realize that what a tired and desperate nation we have become!

Where is our happiness gone?

3 comments:

KP said...

Its Sad...
May God Bless Her Soul!
I pray she Rest in Peace!

NWO said...

Condolences from across the planet. To all who love democracy, tolerance and peace, may her vision prevail. This is the world's loss.

xunz said...

yeah people... its a sad loss! Bhutto family has given many sacrifices for democracy.

Hope things turn out good for our country.