Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My creative process

Ever since I was a child, a seat near the window has always been my favorite place. Lost in reveries, I sit motionless and watch through the glass. My thoughts wander along with the changing frame of reference. They come to halt only when the vehicle stops. And then I look around as if suddenly awakened from a sleep.

My mind has been a captive of wanton thoughts long before I was able to formulate them into words. They bang against the walls of my head like butterflies fluttering in a cage. I hear them as they echo till they take form of and come out as what we call - ideas.

People say I was born creative and may be that's the reason I have sought ways to express myself. Seeking ways implies that curbs were imposed from time to time on the expression when it seemed to be deviating from the norms – fictitious norms to be precise; and respective measures were taken in order to make it conform. Since limitations seldom diminish the creative power of an individual, ideas keep originating and keep seeking ways to emerge.

No comments: