Pages

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Kids Programming Language (KPL)

KPL (Kids Programming Language) is an outstanding language developed by Morrison Schwartz, a software development and consulting company. It makes easy for kids to learn computer programming and what they call “computer logic”.

I have downloaded and installed it. I can’t wait to see my students writing their code in KPL. In fact, I have decided to introduce it in grade 4 as well. Initially my plan is to make them write codes to print statements in different colors. This would be enough for an 8 or 9-year-old kid.

I am thinking about writing some codes myself to create some educational programs. The syntax is very much similar to VB. With KPL, students will also get familiar to .NET environment. I suppose KPL will soon replace BASIC as “Beginners Programming Language”. Hail KPL!!!

P.S. I have added KPL’s link under teacher’s guide section.

No comments: