Pages

Friday, April 21, 2006

Things are finally settling down and so do I. Life is getting smoother now. My tonsils are healing too. They had drained every bit of creative energy from my soul. I have not written much since I got tonsillitis. May be because my life has become still or may be because events seem to have no inspiring effect on me. Life suddenly seems empty – like a lonely deserted passageway. Of course, the city is buzzing with activities – activities that can shatter one’s hopes and dreams, yet they are unable shatter the silence inside. A kind of soulagement I had always sought.

Murder took place at my sister’s college – a cold-blooded murder of a collegian – a regrettable by-product of city’s politically charged activities. This is something I don’t like about this city. Now students can’t go to college even to take prelims. Three-day mourning has been announced, something that is quickly becoming a de rigueur. Mother have mercy where are we going to end up?

No comments: