Pages

Thursday, April 06, 2006

So, hina has said her farewells, packed and moved, to the new home. She’s going to start a new chapter of her life in a different city, in a different home, and will be forming new relations, with same names but with the suffix in-law – it’s more like living in a different world. That would be her world – a whole new world that revolves around just one person: Her husband. I don’t think I realized how sad I was going to be until the day she left. It gradually sunk in then that she is no more around to tease me when I am watching my favourite movie. No more her to dress me up for any event (and I had received compliments every time from everyone, still owe her for that), no more her to cook lunch for me (trust me, she’s a great cook), no more her to make me listen to all those lovey-dovey songs that my ears had forgotten. She stood up for me when people tried to bully me, she sided with me when I decided to leave the group, and she helped me in final year project when my dumb idiot group member had gotten over my nerves. And it’s the test of time that is the hardest. Besides, my sisters and two college friends, hina stood by me through it all. She is responsible for the few smiles I have managed in the worst of times. I will miss hina! I will miss her deeply.

Wish her all the best for the marriage life. May the angels always be with her, Ameen!

No comments: